International Maritime Bureau (IMB) is an independent, non-governmental, ship’s International Classification Society. Top Management of IMB has long experience in the ships class and statutory surveys and certification since 1994 as an employee in a classification society and since 1999 as Director, Technical and Quality Manager. IMB has its Head Office at Limassol, Cyprus. IMB is dedicated to provide classification and statutory certification services to ships and other marine structures, with the objective of safeguarding life, property and the environment. IMB is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
The mission of IMB is to serve and be of benefit to the community as well as to the needs of its clients. Through the verification of the requirements for the operational maintenance of ships and other marine related structures, IMB is dedicated to ensuring the safety of life and property at sea and preventing pollution of the natural environment.
The activities of IMB include the application of Rules & Regulations, Standards and Guidelines for the design, construction and operational maintenance of ships and marine related structures and the subsequent verification of these Standards. These activities encompass:
- Ship Classification services which includes periodical surveys for maintenance of class.
- Statutory surveys and Certification services based on the international conventions of the IMO.
- ISM Code Systems assessment and Certification on board the vessels and the company on site.
- ISPS Code Systems assessment and Certification on board the vessels.
- MLC 2006 convention assessment and Certification on board the vessels.
- Surveys & supervision on site for ships during construction.
- Engineering studies, plan approval & technical review & calculations services.
- Surveys of Damage, Modification or repairs.
- Towing survey and certification.
- Containers survey and certification based on International Convention for Safe Containers (CSC), 1972
Highly qualified surveyors with academic and professional qualifications are distributed throughout the major ports of the world, ready to provide the required services to our clients. Our staffs consist mainly of naval architects, marine engineers, master mariners and other engineers and technical personnel with related qualifications. We believe in the potential of people and in systematic training and education of all our staff members.
The mission of International Maritime Bureau is to serve and be of benefit to the community as well as to the needs of its clients. Through the verification of the requirements for the operational maintenance of ships and other marine related structures, IMB is dedicated to ensuring the safety of life and property at sea and preventing pollution of the natural environment.
IMB believes that maritime survey services should combine knowledge, expertise and concrete professional work whereby the Company would provide high quality services to the client through closely planned and implemented team work.
The objective of our policy is to deliver high-quality and cost effectiveness with flexibility tailored to suit the specific requirements of each individual client and always in accordance with National and International Rules and Regulations.
IMB commits itself in maintaining and promoting the clauses of the policy statement at all times.